Thursday, April 8, 2010

1 Year Old

Today I am one year old. Mommy and Daddy can't believe how fast the last year went by. I went to the doctor and I am 28 3/4 inches tall (25%) and 18 pounds 5 ounces (10%) (5 pounds 9 ounces and 17.5 inches long at birth). Mommy is very excited that I am in the 25th percentile for height. She was always below the growth charts. Maybe I will be taller than her. Anyway, Mommy and Daddy are very happy with my progress. I am a very happy girl most of the time. I eat anything and lots of it. I like to read books and play with my toys. Well, maybe I don't play with all of them but I do spread them throughout the house. I am very talkative, but i don't have many words yet. "Annie" was the first word I used appropriately. When I hear Annie bark, I look at the back door and say, "Annie." I also say Mom, Daddy, Alli, yes, and I shake my head no but I don't always use them appropriately. I am an excellent sleeper. I have a bottle before bed and then I sleep through the night. The doctor wants me to stop having a bottle before bed, so we will see how I handle that. Mommy stopped nursing me right after my 11 month birthday and I did not have any problems with it. I still have plenty of milk in the freezer. Mommy and Daddy say that I amaze them every day. Here are some pictures of me now and some pictures from when I was born. Look back to my first posts to see how much I've changed.
Mommy and Daddy got me a bat and ball like the gave Caitlin for her birthday. They got me one and planned on saving it for Christmas, but I liked Caitlin's so much they decided to give it to me early. I carry it around and say, "ball."

Thank you Aunt Dia.

Mommy came over for lunch to visit me. What a nice surprise.

I have a birthday party planned for April 17th, but we still had family dinner at home on my birthday.

Here I am in the big bathtub. If you scroll down you will see a picture of my first bath. What a difference.

Look at how tiny I am in my car seat. The doctor said I can face forward soon (I'm not 20 pounds yet). Mommy and Daddy will have to get me new car seats.

I was so tiny on the changing table and it was easy to change my diaper because I did not squirm. Now its difficult to change my diaper because I will not be still.

I'm about an hour old in this picture.

The easy days of giving me a bath. I love bath time now, but I don't like to sit still to get dressed after my bath. I like to run around naked.

Mommy's baby girl. I will always be Mommy's baby girl no matter how much I grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment